ADVERTISEMENT

SMU to Host Top Recruits This Weekend

Greg Powers

Apr 30, 2018
I have confirmed with four prospects that they will be at SMU this weekend to take their official visits. I have also seen all four of these guys play in person, so some insights on them are posted below.

DL Jayden Jernigan - Allen (Texas)

Jernigan is a versatile defensive lineman. He gets off the ball very quickly and plays with a lot of passion. He is always pressing the action. Jernigan is not just a gap-plugger type. He is a guy who will get behind the line of scrimmage and make plays. He checks in as a three-star prospect and the No. 48 prospect in the state per Rivals.com.

OL CerTaidrian Brooks - Allen (Texas)

Brooks is a road grater at 6-3, 330 pounds. Even though he plays for a powerhouse program his recruitment has slid under the radar somewhat, but schools are starting to catch on and he is picking up more offers every day, but SMU has done a good job early on here. He is also rated as a three-star prospect.

CB Donald Clay - Shreveport (La.) John Curtis

The 5-11, 175-pound cornerback plays for one of the power programs in 'The Boot' and he is just a tick under that 6-0 marker, but plays big. He is a very good tackler in addition to being a guy that you can put on an island. He has offers from schools like Arizona State and Memphis among others. This is a big visit because the head coach there does not allow in-season visits and if you get a commit from one of their players they do not flip.

ATH JhaQuan Jackson - Hahnville (La.)

Jackson plays quarterback for his high school squad and helped lead them to the state title game in 2017, but is a versatile athlete. His height has been verified at 5-10, but I thought he was taller on the eye ball test, so he just plays and seems bigger. That happens sometimes. He is very, very explosive with the football in his hands and has a lot of major schools also showing him interest.

Right now there is the possibility that this list could push to five or six names. Stay tuned.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News