ADVERTISEMENT

Michigan Presser Notes

adamgrosbard

Jul 21, 2014
Dallas, TX
Tim Jankovich:
  • I really like Michigan's offense, it presents a lot of problems, they're not an easy team to defend. I thought our guys were fantastic the first half defensively, maybe came out a little flat in the second half, got into trading baskets for a while but stepped it up
  • Our entire team was on task guarding LeVert but Keith begged for the assignment and studied a ton of film of LeVert before coming out for the game
  • Jankovich said he hopes Kennedy only suffered a sprained ankle and did not suffer anything worse
  • Jankovich said he is so proud of the team for how every single player played up to his potential
  • Jankovich said Ben and Jordan not getting in foul trouble was key for SMU after Markus went down
  • Jankovich said the rebounding was te most impressive part of the game for him and it tells him the team is fighting.
  • Jankovich said it's tough to be at the podium because of the bad circumstances that led to him being here so he doesn't want the focus on him and instead wants the team to do something special to get its due now instead of in March
Nic, Jordan, Sterling:
  • Jordan on Markus going down: I'm always ready, but my success is all to my teammates
  • Nic-he set good screens, slipping, doing everything right tonight
  • Sterling: Just stick to our principles when guarding LeVert
  • Sterling: When I see Nic with an open shot I know I don't have to rebound (though coach will probably get on me for that)
  • Nic: I wish we could get the crowd out there loud every night instead of just when we play big schools like Michigan but it was like last year at Moody

Michigan coach John Beilein:
  • Whoa, this is a really good basketball team.
  • They are great shooters and willing passers. Very fluid, we didn't have any answers
  • He compared Nic Moore to JJ Barea and said you don't see players like him very often in college, there aren't many better PGs in the country
  • Beilein called Tolbert "a man playing with boys"
  • He said he'd feel the same way walking out of this game as he would walking out of a matchup with Duke
Players:
  • Abdur Rahkman-They're a veteran team, they got up for this game and played great defense.
  • Robinson: We got some good looks but they took away a lot of what we were trying to do

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News