ADVERTISEMENT

Press Conference - Larry Brown

DacotaTaylor

Jan 12, 2015
Larry -
I wouldn't call that pulling away. We got outplayed the first half we had no energy. The players looked spent and Cummings dominated the game. He had seven assists and four steals and just controlled the game. Couldn't keep him out of the paint or away from the board.

The swecond half we switched and put Ryan on Cummings. I think we did a better job and stopped penetration from happening. We created some turnovers and made some easy shots, and then when we came back with a three I thought "Oh my God, here's the chance to squeeze it."

Our two seniors Ryan and Cannen stepped it up. Ryan's made only one three all years and then made those tonight, and Cannen had the nice post up.

The atmosphere was unbelievable. I was disappointed early on when fewer people were there. People didn't seemed to understand who we were playing against.

Then all of a sudden they picked us up and were louder than Connecticut. It was unbelievable.

We struggled in games that really mattered last season but did really well this season in the games that mattered.

They made some uncharacteristic plays. They don't turn over the ball and we made some mistakes.

I think they bring out the best in us. The last two halves we played against them have been pretty darn good. You don't generally score on Temple and you don't make them have 15 turnovers. They shoot high percantages but they get a lot of shots.

They just played good and we were fortunate to win.

We were 3 for eleven at one time and I looked at the body language. It stunk.

I haven't seen a lot of guys play like Cummings played.

Any time you beat Temple and their tradition and what they play for, you gotta be pretty excited.

Ryan has kinda taken over. We ask Little Nic to do so much and I thought he was spent the first half cause Cummings had the ball so much. He's fearless, he fronts the posts, but we were fortunate. We never stopped them but we kept them from the paint.

I want him [Ryan] to expand his game. As soon as Nic was out we threw it to the post. We need Sterling. We need Ben Emelogu. We need Ryan. We need Ben Moore. We need them to not be afraid to shoot the ball. Jerry works with Ryan every day and I want to encourage him to be aggressive when he's open and look for that opportunity.

When he comes into a game and makes two three, I didn't throw that up but I'm proud of him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News